Adams & Knight executive named to Komen Connecticut Board of Directors

« Back to “News”  

Reem Nouh assisting in early detection communications strategy

Reem Nouh, of Simsbury, has joined the board of directors of the Connecticut affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Nouh, who holds a bachelor of science in pharmacy and a master’s degree in science and healthcare administration, is senior vice president of Strategic Services at Adams & Knight.

“I quickly fell in love with Komen Connecticut and knew that I had to get involved,” Nouh said. “What attracted me most was the real opportunity to end breast cancer by helping women get diagnosed earlier. Until we find the cures, early detection will save lives.”

Nouh will assist in the development and evolution of Komen Connecticut’s strategies for communications and outreach, helping to spread the word about the organization’s lifesaving impact across the state. Komen Connecticut’s primary focus is on the local community, educating Connecticut residents on the importance of early detection, funding free screening services and providing support to those diagnosed with breast cancer. Komen Connecticut invests 75 percent of net proceeds in local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs across the state. The remaining 25 percent is invested in national research to find the causes and cures.

For each of the past three years, Komen Connecticut has made over $1 million in community grants to local organizations providing lifesaving services for women in need across our state. Komen Connecticut relies on the support of the local community to continue investing in cutting-edge research and local breast cancer programs for Connecticut women and their families.