» see the work
To build customer loyalty in the healthcare industry, every moment truly matters: Not only through high quality care, but through the warmth, concern and attention patients and loved ones receive. Hartford HealthCare wanted to mobilize its employees as frontline ambassadors and role models, no matter what their job might be—to recognize the crucial role everyone plays in the patient experience.
Our strategy was to recognize the meaningful contributions that employees make every day, in ways large or small. First, we encouraged employees across Hartford HealthCare to nominate their peers who are making a difference in the lives of patients and clients every day. Next, we recognized those people on large format posters, elevator wraps and wall decals in all regions and throughout the Behavioral Health Network.
Hartford HealthCare’s patient and customer experience departments have adopted Every Moment Matters as their slogan. Just as important, the program significantly moved the needle:
- Hartford HealthCare’s overall patient experience score went up 1 point, among the best score percentage improvements nationwide.
- Its “overall rating of care given” score soared from 50.8 percent to 53.3 percent, an increase considered extremely high by Press Ganey.
- Its hospital inpatient score saw major improvement, moving up 1.1 percent.
- The score for “Overall rate the hospital” rose 3.4 percent.
- Every Moment Matters was one of three Making a Difference Award finalists honored at the 2018 Hartford HealthCare State of the System event.
LOADING . . .