» see the work
There hadn’t been a new professional-level sports team in CT for years. So when Mohegan Sun acquired the National Lacrosse League’s Philadelphia Wings, an indoor men’s professional lacrosse team and renamed it the New England Black Wolves, it needed a strategy that would quickly introduce this new action-packed brand (and sport!) to the region, get people interested and drive ticket sales—within a very short timeframe.
Our market research revealed that two groups in the Conn.-Mass.-RI area had high levels of interest in attending games: adults and families with children.
So we segmented positioning and messaging that appealed to adults to come and enjoy the combined excitement of Mohegan Sun and a professional lacrosse game as well as reached out to parents/families to take in a fun-filled, affordable sporting event with top-notch players and non-stop action.
Our marketing campaign integrated an array of tactics to get the word out, including:
- Digital: developed/designed initial landing page to provide info and promote ticket sales in advance of new website; e-blast templates; digital banners; video shorts and LED signage at major sporting venues in area.
- Traditional: created print ads for major Connecticut newspapers, FSIs, OOH posters at rest stops and bars, flyers, postcards, pocket schedules and ticket support materials
- Broadcast: targeted messaging with four (4) radio spots promoting season, holiday vacations, Party Pit and Family Paks of tickets
- Social: expanded geographic reach each with Facebook campaign and team tweets on Twitter as well as created :10 videos on Pandora and YouTube to excite new fan base and drive to ticket sales outlets.
In just a few short weeks of launching the campaign, initial results yielded:
- Higher than average game attendance at home opener—5,900!
- Approximately 10,000 attendees at first two home games.
- 3,600 unique visits to blackwolves.com in just two weeks of launching landing page
- Approx. 35,000 visitors with 25% returnees, spending 1:30 on site.
- More than 8,000 hits from digital and traditional ads in just 8 short weeks of still-active campaign.
LOADING . . .